- A more robust Outlook Web App (OWA) that will look and function more like the desktop version, including access to tasks and shared calendars.
- An increased email quota (50GB compared to today’s 6B)
- The ability to download and use the Microsoft Outlook Mobile App, which, among other benefits, will provide a perfectly synced calendar
- Fully supported Skype for Business, including instant messaging, voice and video calls, desktop sharing, and much more.
Watch for more emails with additional information from the Office 365 Project Team as go-live draws near. In the meantime, you can prepare for the upgrade by
- Checking out the Office 365 Project website which is updated daily for schedules, upgrade details, and FAQs, and
- visiting the UVA Office 365 Resource Portal to learn more about some of the apps that will be available to you over the course of the project (login is your computingID@eservices.virginia.edu and your Eservices password),
- signing up for a general demo session where Office 365 specialists will show you all the cool things these new apps can do (note that some sessions are located here in Carruthers!)