We’re excited to announce the following Lean classes!
Both classes will be held in Carruthers Hall, Conference Room 2.
You’ve probably heard your colleagues talk about Lean, but may not understand the concepts or terminology; here’s your chance to learn more about Lean. Lean Fluency will familiarize you with the basics of Lean principles, vocabulary, and tools.
The course incorporates three phases of learning:
· Phase 1 - Pre-workshop activities including watching 5 brief videos, creating a process map, and completing an exercise guide (will take approximately 1 hour)
· Phase 2 - 3-hour facilitated workshop
· Phase 3 - Post-workshop activities (will take 1-2 hours)
Link to enroll through Workday Learning by March 6th.
Lean in Daily Work
Would you like to learn practical ways to implement Lean strategies into your daily routine? Lean in Daily Work will provide you with practical, easy-to-implement strategies to make your current processes more efficient.
Through hands-on activities and sharing practical examples, you will gain skills to help you:
• Use the 5S strategy for organization to help with identifying and eliminating waste and continuously improving processes;
• Document how you do your work using the Standard Work approach;
• Manage work through tools such as a Kanban Board; and
• Implement time saving ideas to improve efficiency and increase productivity.
Prerequisite: Completion of Lean Fluency or the Leading a Lean Transformation certificate.
Enroll through Workday Learning. Link to enroll
Both Lean Fluency and Lean in Daily Work will be part of the forthcoming UVAFinance Lean Certification. Stay tuned for an announcement with more information soon.
We look forward to seeing you in class! If you have any questions, please contact the training team at email@example.com.