Thursday, November 20, 2014

From Melody's Desk: Goals and Survey Results

I appreciate all the great feedback that you provided
regarding the goal-setting sessions. As of 11/18, we’ve received 54 responses
to the survey…a pretty good response rate overall. If you are curious to see
the results, I’ve attached the summary report here. I’ve also passed this on to the
Center for Leadership Excellence, as it will help them develop offerings.  I will use the feedback to consider other
division-wide training opportunities (more to come in a future blog post). The
survey is still open for those of you who have not responded; I would love to
hear from you. The link to the anonymous and short (4 questions only) survey is
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8CKC9PT.








One excellent piece of feedback from the survey is that it
will be helpful for you to know what our overall Finance Division goals are as
you craft your goals for 2015. I have spoken with each of the AVPs and
directors in drafting these goals. Here they are:

















You will likely notice that these are not in SMART goal
format. I view these as more general objectives for the division, but I will be
developing SMART goal versions for my personal goals in Lead@. In fact, during
the goal setting session that I attended, I developed goal 2a for myself… written
with the Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely
characteristics.





We have intentionally set out to make sure that every
Finance employee will be able to connect with several of the goals. For
example, I will challenge each one to include a version of goal 2a in your
personal goals:  I want each person in
the Finance Division to identify at least one ineffective work process, propose
a solution, and help implement
an improvement in the upcoming year. In goal 3a, I will commit to you that you
will see increased communication and division-wide opportunities to work
together. Looking at goal 4d, I will expect every manager to have a goal of
creating a meaningful developmental plan for each of their direct reports.  I expect that you will also see other
applicable goals (such as improving relationships with those you work with
regularly, from goal 3d).





I’m happy to hear any comments.  You can use the comments feature below this
post or feel free to contact me directly.





Thanks!





 





PS.  Five of you noted
that you “still do not know how to write a performance goal and
would like more guidance.” 
Because the survey is
anonymous, I do not know who you are. 
However, I would like to make sure you receive that help.  Please email me at
mbianchetto@virginia.edu if you want additional
guidance and I will make sure that happens.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UVAFinance | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig