Now with playlists curated by Finance Outreach and Compliance!
Lynda.com is a library of online courses you can take, anytime, anywhere, and at no cost to you (other than your time and effort). There are thousands of courses available on topics such as communications, change, managing employees, leadership, project management, business skills, performance management, and software and technology.
It can be quite overwhelming to begin a search and choose the courses which will be most beneficial to you from the many that are available. To help, the UVAFinance training team in Finance Outreach and Compliance has identified and vetted the best courses Lynda.com has to offer and arranged them in the following playlists:
- Business Basics
- Project Management
- Customer Service
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Change Management
- Management and Leadership
- Software and Technical Skills
- Personal and Professional Development
- Performance Management for Managers
If you have suggestions for changes to playlists or would like to see additional playlists, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access the playlists, follow these steps:
1. From the FOC training page, click on the URL for the playlist of interest.
2. Log into Lynda.com using your NetBadge credentials.
If it is your first time logging into Lynda.com, you will be asked enter profile information (name and email address).
3. To play a course in the playlist, simply click on the course title.
4. To save a playlist to your list of playlists, click on Copy. *Please note: Copying a playlist will allow you to make changes to it, but it will not update with any changes made by the curator/administrator. To access the latest version of playlists, use the URLs listed on the FOC training page.
To log into Lynda.com without accessing the playlists, follow these steps:
1. Go to www.lynda.com.
2. Click on “Sign in with your organization portal”.
3. Enter “virginia.edu” in the box for the URL.
4. Sign in with your individual NetBadge credentials.
You can also download the Lynda.com app on your smartphone for learning on the go!