Thursday, August 12, 2021

Jack Sherwood Joins the FST Change Management Workstream

Jack Sherwood

The FST Change Management Workstream is happy to welcome Jack Sherwood as an official part-time team member for the remainder of the project. Sherwood, currently a fourth-year at UVA, started as an intern for the Change Management team earlier this summer.                             

 “Given my positive experiences in performance improvement and industrial organization,” Sherwood explains, “an opportunity to work on a change management team was one I could not pass up: I was looking for a job that offered to teach me new skills while also allowing me to showcase my abilities, and this job presented itself as the perfect combination of the two.”                                                                            

Throughout the summer, Sherwood has helped the Change Management team with deepening engagement for the second round of Customer Confirmation Sessions, has worked on the Enterprise Data Catalog, and has collaborated with other team members to teach Root Cause Analysis and Change Management Lean Labs. He looks forward to taking on even more responsibilities now that he is staying with the project.

“I have found this experience to be very gratifying,” he says. “Not only is it satisfying to see a project of this scale successfully move closer to the finish line, but I also feel as though I am making a positive contribution to the University that I call home. I have enjoyed every moment of this project and every colleague I have worked with. This is a tight-knit group that has fun while getting the job done.”

Outside of work, and in addition to being a part-time UVA student, Sherwood spends his time traveling, fly-fishing, and drumming. This summer he has focused on drumming as he's in a new Charlottesville-based band called First Lady. Sherwood converted from guitar to drums for this band, which performs at various student-populated venues, and finds the new instrument to be “very loud but even more empowering.”

Sherwood also took up surfing this summer in Narragansett, Rhode Island. “I may not be doing tricks,” he says, “but it is definitely a sport I would love to practice more in the future.” With his excitement to try new things and continually improve upon his skills, it’s no wonder Sherwood is a perfect fit for the Change Management team.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UVAFinance | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig