Cultivating Leaders Committed to Change and Innovation
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Conference Room E Conference Room A
Presenters: Kathleen Scott, Director of Organizational Excellence and Administrative Operations and Thomas Gaffery, Manager of Special Projects and Parking, both of California State University, Fresno
Fresno State has been implementing successful lean projects across administrative and academic units for nearly a decade. Our challenge was to move from individual projects to a sustainable culture of innovation and improvement. In Fall 2014, we launched a pilot program, "Creativity and Innovation for Effectiveness" (CAIFE). CAIFE was designed to engage faculty, staff and administrators in the process of institutional transformation in order to build institutional capacity and harness and embrace a lasting culture of innovation and creativity. The program blends individual development with focused efforts to enhance organizational effectiveness. The pilot included three distinct phases:
- Bold Idea Challenge - an all campus call from the President for ideas to improve services to students, teaching or learning innovations or ways to fix an inefficient process.
- Implementation of ideas coupled with Professional Development focused on innovation, process improvement and change management.
- Showcase of Excellence. We will share lessons learned from the CAIFE pilot and where we are going from here.
What you will learn:
- Understand how an institution can evolve from individual lean projects to an overall campus-wide program
- How to build a culture of innovation and excellence
- Learn how lean business process improvement and change management are linked and how they can both benefit each other
- Develop an action list for steps to create a nomination based process improvement program
UVA is a member of NCCI, so you may register using UVA. On the registration page, click Event Registration (top of page). Enter email address and follow the steps. When registering more than one person, click Event Registration, enter your email address again and your demographic information will appear. Edit the information by entering it into the fields for the person you are registering, including their email address.