Monday, June 17, 2024

Introducing UVAFinance: Moserah Nkosi & Azamat Akhmedov



Introducing UVAFinance is a recurring blog feature created to introduce our team to our team, a couple of members at a time. Every other week, we present readers with a team member or two to get to know. To understand how these colleagues are situated within the greater UVAFinance structure, check out this resource on the UVAFinance website.

NEW Resource: UVAFinance by Department

__________________________________________________________________
Moserah Nkosi

Moserah Nkosi, Travel & Expense Coordinator


What do you do as a Travel & Expense Coordinator?

As a program coordinator, I oversee admin and audit tasks related to travel & expense. I typically spend my time reviewing ERs and SIRs (expense reports and supplier invoice requests), as well as taking on projects to expand our internal audit processes and documentation.

Who do you work with regularly? 

I regularly work with the Workday Support team in Central Finance. Departments that I often work with are Athletics and HR because they submit many documents to review. 

What seasons are busiest, or what rhythms exist in your job? 

Mondays can be quite busy for me because I'm reviewing all the ERs and SIRs due over the weekend, and Tuesdays are typically my least busy days. 

What might surprise people about the work you do/this role/your department or area? 

In my role, I review meal receipts on SIRs, and I like to see what people ate and where. I love to go out to eat on a special occasion, so I have a running list of popular restaurants in Charlottesville that I haven’t tried, along with a list of entrees I may order. I aspire to be a foodie in my personal life.

What do you like best about working in UVAFinance? 

UVAFinance has so many opportunities for growth and development that I’ve never experienced at any other workplace. I love our professional development programs, our ability to connect and network with others, and work/life balance. I feel like our organization invests in our growth rather than being afraid of it. As someone who is at the beginning of my career, it has been instrumental in becoming a young professional.

How do you connect your work with the UVA Finance Values? 

Most of my work is deeply embedded with the values of UVAFinance. With my admin and audit responsibilities, I hold myself to a high standard for providing accurate and reliable information. When engaging with departments and individuals, I work to resolve their current questions while anticipating any other assistance they may need. My experience as a User Success Agent coupled with previous customer service roles encourages me to provide excellent service to all stakeholders and employees. The Travel & Expense team is highly collaborative within itself and other Central Finance teams, so we have grown trusted relationships over time. 

____________________________________________________________________

Azamat Akhmedov
Azamat Akhmedov, Foreign National Tax Analyst

What do you do as a Foreign National Tax Analyst?

I assist foreign nationals and other departments with specifically international tax-related questions.

Who do you work with regularly? 

Typically, I work with Payroll, Student Financial Services, the International Studies office, and any other departments dealing with payments to foreign nationals/entities. 

What seasons are busiest, or what rhythms exist in your job? 

February through May, or tax season, is usually the busiest season of this job. 

What might surprise you about the work you do/this role/your department or area? 

One surprising fact from this area of finance is that all foreign nationals are liable for tax compliance within the United States, notwithstanding their non-resident status.

What do you like best about working in UVAFinance? 

My favorite part about working in UVAFinance is the opportunity to engage in and build collaborative and trusted relationships. I also enjoy UVAFinance's commitment to continuous improvement and development.

How do you connect your work with the UVA Finance Values? 

I connect my work with UVA Finance Values by focusing on being an impeccable source of information for others.

____________________________________________________________________

Would you like to be featured in Introducing UVAFinance? Want to suggest a colleague to be featured? Email bv8h@virginia.edu



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UVAFinance | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig